Project Beta Week 11

 I had an issue where my player was spawning in the wrong position for an unknown reason, but i fixed it by moving one of my platforms, still have no clue why it wasn't working correctly but i seem to have fixed it,

i have added a background to my start, win and lose screens

i had an issue with my life counter where the player would respawn with less than 0 lives meaning they would not receive a lose condition again, but i have created a new separate code to the piece i had been using to sort out this issue.

players now have 3 lives.

I have moved the death planes up slightly as i felt that the player was falling for too long and it was very annoying

my speed boost has not been working correctly but a quick look at the code and i figured out the issue and it was just a simple word change.

i have created 2 more levels for my game, giving me a total of 6 scenes

a start menu -> level 1 -> level 2-> level 3-> win screen or 

a start menu -> level 1/2/3 -> lose and retry screen

i have used music from this asset pack as background music for my game.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/audio/music/orchestral/free-fantasy-adventure-music-pack-118684

i used this asset pack to add textures to my game although i have made a few extra changes myself

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/landscapes/free-background-mountain-157924

I have added game controls to the start screen


I have now added everything to my game, everything is working as intended and i am now happy to say i am finished with  my game :)








all my own images from my game.

Comments

  1. Hey Conor, I really enjoyed reading how you faced coding issues similar to what I have run into and were able to solve those problems. I think your game concept is cool and the fact you've added a main menu and death or win screens is a great bit of polish along with level selections. Seems to really come out to be a playable product. I like the graphics too, they remind me of games I've played in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Conor,
    I wanna start by saying congrats on finishing your game! I see that you have also had a few coding issues I have had a lot more than you from the looks of it but I am glad that you were able to fix them with what seems to be relative ease. I honestly love the concept of your game along with the overall look of your game for that matter. It is clear that you have put a lot of work into your game and dedicated a lot of hours into making it the best that it could be. Well done!
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well lad, congrats on completing your game, fair play but you've done it now, it's over. From reading it seems you had some minor setbacks during the coding phases of your game, but it's great that you were able to work through them and produce the game you planned on creating. The overall concept of your game is great, it's just a fun idea you could play to pass the time instead of doing college work haha. From looking at your progress weekly it's noticeable you worked hard, put the hours in and it's payed off, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Conor, great to see the game has been completed, the hard work has paid off and now its just time to make that trailer for this amazing game. Really great to see that you got everything working in the end with your code, it can be a nightmare sometimes don't get me wrong, but you did it and that is all that matters. Well done in anyways and really great game you got here, I am excited to see the trailer for it very soon but overall well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Conor, just after finishing up reading your blog and I have to say, well done on getting your game fully finished. Congratulations on that, I say it's a relief to have it all finished now. From seeing all your screenshots, I can see how you added a lot of different content to your game, such as a menu and end screen display, I really struggled to get them to work on my game so well done for getting that working. It greta to see you have got everything finished and working because it is better to have a working game, rather than a broken good looking game. Anyways, I look forward to seeing the trailer, best of luck with the rest of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment