Introduction to a future director

 The best class i took last semester was storytelling and narrative as i would like to eventually become a film writer/director, so i found this class very fun as i had a lot of creative control over my project throughout the process.

I think my greatest accomplishment last semester was my short film, as i had to cut back on some plans due to covid and had to work with less people than i would have liked but even still i think my short film turned out quite well considering the circumstances.

Game design has always been something i have been interested in so my hopes for this module are that i will get more of an idea of what working in the games industry is like and maybe change my future career path, i will feel achieved at the end of this module if i have a working short, simple game.

Over the break i went to Mayo with my girlfriend for a weekend away, the weather was amazing for the weekend so we got to spend a lot of time at the beach and just generally being outside, making the most of the weekend.

I don't necessarily have a favorite book, but i'm currently reading "The 12 rules for life" by Dr.Jordan Peterson, My favorite film is Spirited Away as i have always found it to be an amazingly done film, with a great story, animation and meaning and symbolism in the film, my favorite show is Big Mouth as i find it hilarious and have re-watched it a few times. 

I have a very broad music taste from heavy metal to hip hop , recently i've been listening to alot of blackbear, Nothing,Nowhere and Motionless in White


Im currently unemployed but my long term career goals are to become a competitive bodybuilder and to become a director/writer, i also try to learn about stock market trading as i would like to eventually have multiple streams of income. My short term goals all involve just working through college and working out in the gym to gain experience.

ive got 2 huskys, Georges and William



Georges is 10 and William is 9, We got Georges as a puppy and William is a rescue, we got him when he was about 1.

My Favorite games are Minecraft and Pokemon, i love the creative elements of minecraft and ive loved playing pokemon as long as i can remember, im not good at gaming skills but becasue pokemon is turn based and tactical its much more up my alley. (my post on my favorite game)

I love Chicken and spicey sauces, my favorite dish to cook is chicken fried in barbecue sauce and salt and chilli, im a very picky eater, it's easier to say what i do like to eat.

My hobbies are working out, hiking, photography and playing video games, if i had more time i would love to get back into swimming and cycling.

If i had an extra free day i would probably spend it like any other day, at the gym and then either out with my friends or girlfriend




Comments

  1. Hi Conor, really good blog posts, as an introduction blog I feel like you covered the right topics and had the perfect length of text to give a brief description on what your future plans and future life goals are, from reading this it's very easy and clear what direction you want to go, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Conor. I loved reading your blog. Even though we're friends, there is definitely a lot I didn't know about you. I like how you gave a good mix of your life like: what your music taste is, your hobbies and pets. You also included about what you did in the past; your short movie. present; body building and what your plans for the future are; be a body builder and film directors. Excited for the next one bro 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Conor! I love Jordan Peterson I think he's a very influential person even though he has many controversial opinions. I think free speech is extremely important and his book teaches a lot about that and life in general so good shout! I'm happy that you find the course interesting and I hope your dreams come true in being a director, i believe in you. I've never been to mayo so I'm extremely jealous, I went to Galway after the lockdown stopped and I recommend going there it's a very nice and quaint place! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Conor,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. I can't agree on the storytelling and narrative but that was because I was terrible at that subject. I felt my movie just fell so short mainly cause of covid. Spirited away is such an amazing movie I am always raving about it to y mates and I say there definitely sick of it. George and William are so cute. Pokémon is one of my favorite games as well I've been play them since I was like 7. - John Garry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Conor, really good introduction post, it really covers a lot about you. Good to hear you got away over the break, I would’ve really liking to get away myself. Both your dogs are so nice, husky’s are one of my favorite breeds of dogs and I’ve always wanted to own one. Anyways, good luck with the rest of the semester and I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Conor!
    I also enjoyed storytelling, it wasn't my favourite module but I did like it a lot! After having Digital Video Technique module I have become very interested in being a director or editor, it's so fascinating! We might work together some day :D
    Btw, your huskys are very adorable!
    Best of luck on these last days of semester 1
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Conor

    Just wrapped up your introduction blog entry, I have to admit I'm loving the confidence in your goal to become a director in the future to come. its good to have a direction in mind and I'm wishing you well in that front. spirited away is also my all time favorite movie well anything from studio Ghibli to be honest, also quick note your dogs are so cute

    wishing you the best of luck in all your future projects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment