Growth Mindset - my thoughts

 Before watching these videos i had not heard of Carol Dweck, but i have heard about the growth mindset, mainly from a youtuber i like, How to Beast, his videos range from many different things but alot of things he talks about are how to grow your mind 


I feel that i do have a growth mindset as i don't like to shy away from a challenge, and like the idea of learning and broadening my horizons, i found secondary school very monotonous because of the lack of a difficulty curve, where there was just a workload curve, instead of being given harder work, we were given more of the same busy work to "practice" for the leaving cert. By the end of secondary i had completely stopped trying in my school work and was just passing the time before entering college where i am glad to say i have actually had to think for myself again.
Because i am also interested in bodybuilding and powerlifting i feel i have been able to acquire more of a growth mindset in those disciplines as i will always tell myself after failing a lift, not today but eventually. I definitely related to the idea "yet" Carol Dweck was referring to and feel that it is an essential part of the sport.

I feel that i am capable of learning anything i set my mind to but my biggest issue is finding that initial purpose, what i mean is that there are parts of courses that i find useful and don't need to force myself to get things done but then there are also parts which i don't think i will need in any field of work i go into because i have no interest in them and then for those tasks or courses, i feel like i need to put much more effort into learning about them.

i will definitely be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester.

as of right now i dont really know what to expect from my other classes this semester but i am looking forward to doing more filming, im sure the growth mindset will help me in my other courses in some capacity, i dont have any specific goals thus far besides just wanting to pass and hopefully do well in all my classes









Comments