Technology Tools and Course Websites - My Thoughts

 


Technology Tools

Blogging - I think the idea of blogging can be handy as a sort of online portfolio, i like the idea of being able to keep track of my thoughts and ideas as im going along with the course, it could also be handy to look at other students blogs for inspiration.

Bookmarking - i think it is a good idea to keep track of websites that i need to regularly use and check for this and other classes. This is something that i would use in my free time as it is so i understand its use.

Image Editing - Image editing software is an important part of this course and will probably come in handy for things like blog posts if i want to use my own images.

Graphics Creation - I like the idea of being able to create my own graphics for my game and blog posts and other such things so that they have my own mark on them.

Padlet - this could be good for getting anonymous feedback from my fellow students, i feel like people would be more comfortable giving feedback if it was anonymous.

Unity 3d - game design seems like it will be a fun and i like the idea of world building and being able to work on my own project , it sounds almost like a sandbox game.

Wordpress - im not too sure what this is but im sure it will become an integral part of the course.

Course Websites

Class Announcements Blog - This will be something i will be checking regularly for the duration of the module.

Class Website - This is how i will find out what work is to be done for the class.

Google Docs - I find this much handier than word as everything is automatically backed up online and allows for collaboration.

I believe this will be a fun course with alot of variety, I am familiar with many of the tools that we will be using so i dont expect this to be too difficult but i have been told that unity can be quite a hard software to learn but im going in with an open mind, I would like to become good with using the unity software by the end of the semester.

Comments