Alpha Project Week 9

 I have began this weeks project work by finishing laying out my games level, have added in a few more power ups, and some elements of vertical challenge, i have made changes to the cameras FOV as i was finding it kind of difficult to navigate the game with the FOV i had been previously been using.

I have had a fairly frustrating time adding a jump sound effect to the space bar press but i found this site very helpful in explaining how to add the code in properly and how to use audio files in unity.

https://www.studytonight.com/game-development-in-2D/audio-in-unity#

I next want to add a losing condition, in simple terms my plan is to implement something along the lines of:

if player collides with death plane +1 to deaths

if score = 3 stop all movement

display "game over"

of course this will be much harder to implement than this in practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMd3B0T5ow0

I found this video helpful for adding in a life counter(score keeping) for my game.

This next  video was a big help in having a start , finish and lose condition screen







All my own screenshots

My game now has:
a start screen
a fully playable level which becomes more difficult as the player goes through it
respawn platforms
a speed boost (x3)
a jump boost (x3)
a life counter
a lose screen
a win screen

Comments

  1. Hi Conor!! Great blog, was good to read and very helpful. Since I read your blog last you've added a lot of new assets to make your game play an overall better experience. I think it's great how you've linked the videos you found to help code the scoreboard and the sound effects. Making your came for difficult as you move through the game seems like it would have been stressful, I hope you took advantage of the unity tutorials at our disposal and they helped. Did you get the level up code form the sumo unity tutorial, I was thinking of adding a level up in my running game, I think it would be a great addition to my game. I found this really helpful and will use the links to help make my game better. Good luck with the final touches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Conor,
    First off great blog, was very well written. Last time I had read anything about your project was your vision statement I think, anyway looks like you have made a lot of progress I am actually really in awe at how much work you have put in so far and your hard work honestly shows so well done. I think it was a great idea to include the actual videos that you found to help with your code as I have only been adding the links to them. Your game looks amazing I honestly don't have any criticism at this point so congrats man your doing amazing work and I can't wait to see the finale product.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment