Project Prototype 1

 https://answers.unity.com/questions/1365313/wasdarrow-key-movement.html

4 directional movement 

I used the code from this site as a basis for the player to use the arrow keys on their keyboard to control the player character

I have began creating my game in Unity,

I am using the wheel from the green van from the 1st unity tutorial of the semester as my player currently, as the player character  should not be visible on the players screen, I will likely test out using the games camera as the player to remove confusion.

I found a package on the unity website with square platforms which I have used to create the ground for my game.

I spent far longer than i'd care to admit trying to solve issues with player weight and gravity, and the players interactions with the platforms. I solved this issue by finding the lock position options in rigid body. This has allowed me to begin doing real work on the project.

I am using the sky box and mountains from the original unity tutorial to add a background to my game.

I also found colour assets that i am using to colour my platforms. My plan is to make certain platforms change colour, i will most likely not implement this feature until later on in development but as of right now i am unsure of how to do this.

Doing this project has taught me more about the unity physics engine as i have had to do alot of playing around with objects weights and physics properties.



This is my own image, a screenshot from my game.



Comments

  1. Hi Conor! I loved reading your blog post on your prototype for your game. I like how you explained in good detail everything you accomplished for this weeks task the game is looking very good. I also liked how you linked the page where you learned how to control the player using the arrow keys. When you said doing this project taught you a lot more about the Unity physics engine, what exactly did it teach you? One thing I would add is probably links to the assets you used for your game so the reader can look at exactly what asset you used. Good work Conor :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment